‘Activation’ – The process by which the customer acknowledges Terms and Conditions and initiates access to the OneLife iD system and links an iD product to their OneLife iD account.
‘Charges’ – ‘Charges’ for delivery and packaging as indicated at the time that the 'Purchaser' orders.
‘Custom Orders’ - products that are not held in stock and are made, engraved or printed to order as specified by the ‘Purchaser’ and accepted by the ‘Supplier’
‘Customer Order Acknowledgement’ - ‘Supplier ‘Acknowledges’ receipt of the order.
‘Customer Order Confirmation’ - ‘Supplier’ ‘Confirms’ acceptance of the order.
‘Individual’ - any person who may come into contact with the ‘Supplier’, its ‘Services’ or its ‘products’.
‘Prices’ - Price’ of the 'User Account' registration and or 'Products' ordered as indicated at the time that the 'Purchaser' orders.
‘Privacy - Statement’ - OneLife iD Privacy Statement as set out from time to time.
‘Products’ - Supplier ID products including but not limited to ID bands, stickers or labels, tags and cards.
‘Purchaser’ - person who purchases or orders OneLife iD products or services.
‘Registration’ - New ‘User’ setting up a ‘User-Account’ including provision of user name and password.
‘Re-registration’ - from time to time ‘Supplier’ may request that ‘Users’ confirm their continuation of access to and use of the ‘Services’ under new ‘Terms and Conditions’.
‘Services’ - provision of ‘User Account’ and ‘Supplier’ Website public pages.
‘Supplier’ - OneLife iD Limited.
‘User’ - person who adds data to the User Account and/or uses OneLife iD products or services.
‘User Account’ – updateable online personal ID profile on the OneLife iD website.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions affect the 'Purchaser' and 'User' rights and liabilities and set out the terms under which OneLife iD (the 'Supplier') makes the products available to the Purchaser through the OneLife iD website.
1. Purchases using OneLife iD Website
The basis of the contract between the Purchaser and Supplier is established as follows:
- The 'Purchaser' places an online order for an OneLife iD 'User Account' and/or 'Products' by the completion of the ordering process at the point of checkout on the OneLife iD website.
- Delivery and Packaging charges may be charged and are dependent on offers in place at the time of the order.
- The 'Purchaser' will receive an order acknowledgement, detailing Products ordered. This is not an order confirmation and does not constitute an acceptance by the 'Supplier' of the 'Purchasers' order.
- Upon despatch of ‘Products’, the 'Purchaser' or their nominated ‘User’ receives an order and dispatch confirmation, included with the 'Products'. Acceptance of the order and the completion of the contract between the 'Supplier' and the 'Purchaser' takes place on despatch of the Products ordered. Exceptions would include the 'Supplier' notifying the 'Purchaser' that it does not accept the order or the 'Purchaser' has cancelled their order.
- Before paying for a 'User Account' and or 'Products' the ‘Purchaser’ is required to confirm acceptance of the ‘Terms and Conditions’ including the ‘Supplier’ ‘Privacy Statement’.
1.1. Online Payments
- OneLife iD products may be purchased by ‘Purchaser’ and will be processed through the 'Suppliers' e-commerce payment system. This method of payment gives the 'Purchaser' security as the merchant service facility assumes full responsibility for the security of the 'Purchaser's' credit / debit card details.
- Processing of the acceptance of the order and the completion of the contract between the 'Supplier' and the 'Purchaser' will only take place after acceptance of the order and after the credit / debit card transaction is verified by the merchant service.
- Ordered 'Products' will normally be despatched within 5 working days of ‘Order Acknowledgement’. In respect of 'Custom orders ' ie products that are made to order, dispatch will normally occur within 10 working days of ‘Order Acknowledgement’.
- The total cost of the 'Purchaser's' order is the ‘Price’ of the 'User Account' registration and or 'Products' ordered plus delivery and packaging charges as indicated at the time that the 'Purchaser' orders.
- Payments can be accepted from most credit and debit cards.
- Credit/debit card payment will be processed at the time that the 'Purchaser' orders and ‘Supplier’ acknowledges the order.
- All card payments are processed by the 'Supplier's' Merchant Services Facility provider for a commission fee which is included in the cost of the 'Purchasers' purchase.
- Delivery will be made to the address specified by the 'Purchaser' at the time of ordering and as detailed in the ‘Supplier’ ‘Order Acknowledgement’.
- Delivery of products will usually be affected within 5 working days of the date of the order confirmation email. In respect of 'Products' which are 'Custom' or made to order, the delivery time will be longer. The 'Supplier' shall not be liable to the 'Purchaser' for any loss resulting from delay in delivery.
- Delivery charges applicable to the 'Purchaser's' order will be indicated at purchase and at the time that the 'Purchaser' is asked to confirm their order.
4. Charging and Pricing
- Charges and Prices payable for the 'User Account' and or 'Products' ordered are detailed on the OneLife iD Website. If, mistakenly, the Charges and Prices detailed are incorrect, the 'Supplier' is not obliged to supply that product to the 'Purchaser' at the stated price, provided that the 'Supplier' notifies the 'Purchaser' prior to despatch.
- All prices stated on the Website are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
- If due to circumstances beyond the 'Supplier's' control, ‘Prices’ have to be altered, including any variations in the rate of VAT payable the 'Purchaser' will be notified and requested to reconfirm the order at the amended ‘Price’.
5. Product Availability and Condition
- The purchase of the 'User Account' registration and or 'Products' displayed on the OneLife iD website is subject to availability and the 'Supplier' shall not be liable to the Purchaser in the event that the 'Supplier' is unable to supply 'User Account' registration and or 'Products' to the 'Purchaser'.
- In the event that a 'Product' is unavailable after ‘Order Acknowledgement’ a customer will be offered the following options:
- alternative product
- amended delivery date
- full refund
- ‘Supplier’ does not accept responsibility for ‘Individuals’ awareness, understanding or ability to access or act upon information on the ‘Products’ or ‘Service’ or within the ‘User Account’.
- Where ‘User’ is recording critical personal information or medical details ‘Supplier’ recommends the use of a combination of iD ‘products’ to aid visibility and accessibility by ‘individuals’.
- ‘User’ is responsible for ensuring that their ‘products’ are usable and readable including readability of engraved or printed information, QR code and PIN.
- If ‘User’ identifies poor readability of information, QR code and PIN within 12 months from the date of order then OneLife iD will replace the ‘Product’. Note this does not include any changes in ‘User’ details.
6.1 Scope of Services
All 'Supplier' 'services' are provided by OneLife iD. The ‘Services’ includes access to the OneLife iD website and webpages including:
- the ‘User Account’ named 'My Account' on OneLifeiD.com
- public pages for ‘Users’
6.2 Service AvailabilityService availability of the OneLife iD website and ‘User Account’ will require:
- Internet access utilising an appropriate web browser
- Internet access availability – ‘Supplier’ does not guarantee the availability of internet access by the 'Purchaser's', 'User's' or ‘Individuals’ internet service provider.
- Website availability - Supplier does not guarantee availability or accessibility of 'Supplier's' website.
- QR Code Scanning/Reading - To scan or read a Quick Reference Code (QR Code) ‘User’ will require an appropriate device which could include a Smartphone with an appropriate QR reader/scanner Application etc.
6.3 Service Term and Duration
Purchasers of 'Supplier' products that can be linked to an online account are provided with access to the OneLife iD website and that account until at least 1st January 2018.
During this period, access to the 'User's' 'User Account' and public pages of the OneLife iD website, accessed by ‘Individuals’ including public, emergency services (and its members), is 'free of charge'.
After 1st January 2018 'Re-registration' administration fees may become applicable at the discretion of the 'Supplier'. 'Re-registration' ensures that the 'User Account' remains active and visible and is accessible for update and amendment by the 'User'.
6.4 Service Content
The ‘User’ is entirely responsible for the content on their ‘User Account’ and ‘Product’.
- The Purchaser has the right to cancel their order of 'Registration' and or 'Products' up to 24 hours after the date of order of the products by contacting the 'Supplier' by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If 'Products' have been despatched to the 'Purchaser' before notification to the 'Supplier' of order cancellation, the 'Supplier' must return any 'Products' in accordance with the Returns procedure below.
- At ‘Re-registration’ ‘User’ may cancel the ‘Service’ by contacting the 'Supplier' by email at email@example.com
- If, for any reason, the 'Purchaser' needs to return 'Products' to the 'Supplier', the 'Purchaser' must do so within 28 days of the date of delivery. The following procedure for returning any product to the ‘Supplier’ is to be followed:
- Keep the product in the original packaging and in its original condition;
- Send the item to the 'Supplier' by Royal Mail registered post at the following address: OneLife iD Returns Department Lapscombe Barn, Smithwood Common, Nr Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8QX
- All 'Products' must be returned to the 'Supplier' unused and in sale condition. The 'Supplier' reserves the right to withhold refund of part or all of the ‘Price’ if the 'Product' is returned in a condition which makes it unfit for resale;
- "Supplier' shall not be liable for the non-receipt of returned 'Products'.
- After receipt by the 'Supplier' of the returned 'Products', the Purchasers credit/debit card will be credited with an appropriate proportion of the ‘Price’ within 10 working days of receipt.
- Normal conditions, as defined by the ‘Distance Selling Regulations (DSR) 2000’ apply to the return of ‘Custom Orders’.
9. 'Initial OneLife iD User Account Registration'
The User's initial Account 'Registration' is as set out in the ‘Order Confirmation’. It enables purchased 'Products' to be registered via the internet on the OneLife iD User Account to establish visibility via the internet of 'User Account' information that could be used for a variety of purposes.
A 'Registered' 'User Account' will remain active for a specified period of time as set out in the ‘Terms and Conditions’ at the time of purchase or re-registration or, where applicable, as specified in the ‘Order Confirmation’. The specified 'Registration' is provided after purchase and only when the purchased ‘Products’ or ‘Services’ are activated and a 'User Account' registered on the OneLife iD system.
10. OneLife iD 're-registration' fee
When OneLife iD 'Re-registration' becomes necessary the 'User' will be notified.
The prevailing fee at the time will be charged should the 'User' wish to 'Re-register'.
The fee for 'Re-registration' is an administration fee only and is non-refundable.
Once a 'Re-registration' fee has been paid, any subsequent service or access to the OneLife iD register is free of charge for the period of ‘Re-registration’.
A single 'Re-registration' fee automatically covers all previously registered 'Products' in use by the 'User'.
It is the 'Registered Account Holder's' responsibility to ensure that their 'Registered Account' remains active.
11. Legal Notice
This Online Purchasing Policy incorporates the terms set out in the Legal Notices and acceptance by the User of the Online Purchasing Policy and shall be deemed to be an acceptance by the User of the Legal Notice.
Your Personal Information
When you Activate your 'User Account' and use 'My Account' to register details with OneLife iD, order 'Products' or register with us on www.onelifeid.com (the 'Website'), you will be given the opportunity to store certain information such as your name, email address, contact telephone numbers, date of birth, images, documents, 'Products' selections and other personal data.
All public areas of the Website can be accessed by the public by using your unique URL eg www.onelifeid.com/youruniqueusernameornumber . Access to details in the Emergency section of 'My Account' are protected by your PIN. Unless in an emergency, you should not disclose your PIN to third parties.
You will also, by default provide information about your usage of our website (for example, the URL you came from, IP address, your browser type and the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit) ('Your Information').
The information we collect, hold and process will be used for the purpose of providing you with OneLife iD services and developing our business which shall include (without limitation):
- verifying your identity (for example when you return to the Website);
- personalising your visits to the Website to improve the services provided to you;
- informing you about the latest changes to the Website, or products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting;
- customer service and support;
- enabling you to share your content with others e.g. using the Email a friend and social network sharing functionality;
- communicating (and personalising such communication) with you;
- conducting market research; and/or
- carrying out technical and statistical analysis to measure the performance of our services and the Website.
OneLife iD will not provide any personal information about you to third parties.
OneLife iD utilises a Merchant Services Facility and does not keep a record of credit/debit card details.
How We Use Your Personal Information
OneLife iD uses any information stored by users, to administer the website. On the website, details in the public areas of 'My Account' are visible to the public when entering your unique URL.
We may also use information to inform customers about special offers, new products, services, promotions, and other similar information which may be of interest.
Occasionally we may contact customers by email, post or telephone using details as provided at the time of registration or order placement. Customers are able to unsubscribe from receiving notifications from OneLife iD, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using one of the "Unsubscribe" links on our emails.
OneLife iD recognises and appreciates the importance of responsible use of information collected through the OneLife iD website.
We will use information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other laws or regulations currently in force in the United Kingdom (the "Data Protection Legislation").
We are registered through ICO as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
OneLife iD does not provide, sell or rent your information to any third party, but reserves the right to provide aggregated data to third parties for statistical analysis. Such data is anonymous in nature and cannot be linked to any particular individuals.
We do not disclose your information to third parties without consent unless legally required to do so or where such disclosure is necessary to enable third parties who act for us to process your order. Third parties that process information, fulfill and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services do so on our behalf under individual agreements.
Upon 'My Account' registration with OneLife iD or placement of an order on the OneLife iD website customers confirm that they do not consider any of the uses of the information described above as being a breach of any of the rights conferred under the Data Protection Legislation.
Information Security Management
We employ security measures to protect customer information and personal data from being accessed by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. However, while we take all reasonable steps to protect customer information, customers accept that no Internet data transmission can be guaranteed to be secure from access by unintended recipients and customers will not hold us liable for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence.
We will retain customer information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Utilisation of cookies
In order to improve our site, we may use 'cookies' to track customer visits and to process orders. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to the customer's browser by a Web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to the customer. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. Customers can set their browser to notify them when they receive a cookie, giving them the chance to decide whether or not to accept it - please refer to the "help" menu on your browser or to the information that came with your browser software.